Vinci, where Leonardo was born.


If you are staying at the North of Tuscany, or near Florence it is worth dedicating half a day to visit the town of Vinci, where the famous Leonardo da Vinci was born.

 

The town is very small. It comprises 4 houses, a church, a gift shop, a trattoria, which bears the name of the master of the Italian Renaissance, and a most interesting museum, home to many of Leonardo’s writings and some of his scale models. I remember visiting this museum with my school when I was a very small child and being overwhelmed by Leonardo’s brilliant ideas and his vision 300 years ahead of his time.

 

Leonardo designed many of the machines we use nowadays. One of the most fascinating one was the war tank he designed in 1500, that is to say, 400 years ahead of time.

 

I am uploading a video in English, which I have found in Youtube. It is an almost professional and quite comprehensive and it offers a panoramic view of the town.




Comments

  1. I chanced upon to view your blog and found it very interesting. Great ... Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts