Accommodation in Tuscany- Bettole





 Dear Friends, 


As I know many of you are looking for advice on finding accommodation in Tuscany, I thought today I would draw your attention to two houses in which several friends of mine have stayed during holidays in the area and been more than delighted. Both are found in the town of Bettolle.

The grounds for this choice of position is the fact that I live very near this town and so when I have friends coming to visit I like them to stay here.  In any case, Bettollle makes an excellent “base camp” for various reasons:

-         The A1 (Main Italian motorway linking Rome and Milan) passes very near the town.

-         The Florence-Perugia motorway (The main connection between Tuscany and Umbria) also passes nearby.

-          Bettolle can be found between Cortona and Montepulciano, in other words between the Valdichiana and the Valdorcia in the South of Tuscany, in my opinion the prettiest part of the region  (in fact 90% of the most famous pictures of Tuscany have been of the province of Siena)

-          Finally, Bettolle is not as touristy a town as many others in Tuscany, so those looking for a more authentic experience will find the true essence of the region here.

Now I´ve mentioned some of the advantages to this place I´ll mention a couple of the properties I know.


The first is Villa Vignacce. It´s already been mentioned before on the blog but you´ll also find many positive comments on tripadvisor as well as on other websites about Tuscany. This farmhouse (consisting of apartments), which also has a Facebook page, is an ideal base for making day trips to all the places of interest in Tuscany as well as offering its own lovely gardens and facilities. Some friends of mine stayed in “il Granaio” apartment and absolutely adored it.


The second accommodation that I want to suggest to all those that are simply looking for a “pied-a-terre” from which to explore the region, is "Casa Daria". Ths apartment in the centre of Bertolle is a true delight, completely renovated with much care and available at excellent rates. It is ideal for couples that are looking to get to know Tuscany and don´t require a pool or garden.

I know that many of you will now ask me about other places in Tuscany and I promise that I will look into somewhere in the North of the region so that you can have two different points of reference, one in the North and one in the South.

As always I hope this information might have been of help!

Comments

Popular Posts