Vinci, where Leonardo was born


If you area staying in the north of Tuscany or nearby Florence it is interesting to devote half a day to know the town of Vinci, where the famous Leonardo da Vinci was born.

The village is very little: there are 4 houses, a church, a souvenir shop , a trattoria which was obviously named after the master of the Italian Renaissance and a very interesting museum that keeps many of Leonardo’s pieces of writing and some models. I remember visiting this museum with my school when I was very little but it made a great impression on me because of the brilliant ideas of the great Leonardo and for his vision 300 years ahead of his time.

Leonard came up with the idea and designed many machines that we use in our times. One of them is the fascinating tank that he designed in 1500, that is, about 400 years ahead of his time.

Here is an attached video in English that I have found in Youtube. The video is quite exhaustive, made almost professionally and gives a full insight of what the village is.



All my best,

Giovanni

Comments

Popular Posts